For date night, I wanted to do my hair in a fun and flirty way. I’ve always thought the fishtail braid was something that only hair stylists could do but after researching on google and youtube, I found that it was easier than I thought. These are the steps that I took:
1. Make a side pony tail and secure with a rubber band. I decided that a side pony was cuter and it was easier to see what I was doing in the mirror.
2. Divide hair into 2 sections.
3. Grab a thin strand of hair from the underside of one of the sections and cross it over to the second section.
4. Pull tight.
5. Repeat with the second section and cross it over to the first section. Pull tight.
6. Repeat steps 3-5 down the pony tail.
7. It should look something like this.
8. Secure the bottom with a rubber band. You can remove the rubber band from the top for a messier look. I kept it in for a more polished look. Ready for date night!